Your financial needs change over time, from accumulating wealth to planning for retirement to making your money last as long as possible through retirement.
One constant, however, is our ability to help you pursue your goals throughout all your tomorrows.
Through the full spectrum of financial services we offer, we can help you plan not only for a wide range of needs, but also for the long succession of significant events that span your lifetime.
Because people are living longer today, the possibility of going 30 years without a paycheck takes careful retirement planning and disciplined investing. Once in retirement, preserving your wealth and maintaining your lifestyle are likely among your highest priorities. You aspire to stay in your home as long as you want and be able to leave behind the legacy you had envisioned. We can help you prepare for this most significant milestone in life.
Whether it’s providing income for a spouse, educating children or grandchildren or leaving money to your favorite charity, proper estate planning can help ensure that your assets accumulated over your lifetime are preserved for the use you have intended.
A well-designed estate plan can effectively help mitigate your family’s tax burden. We can offer financial strategies designed to efficiently manage the transfer of wealth from one generation to the next, and mitigate related tax issues.
By coordinating our efforts with your tax and legal professionals and working closely with you and your family, we will strive to help you establish a financial tradition that can be passed on for generations.
In our mission to pursue a better investment experience, we focus on nine core principles:
- Embrace market pricing The market is an effective, information-processing machine. Millions of participants buy and sell securities in the world markets every day, and the real-time information they generate helps set prices.
- Resist chasing past performance Some investors select mutual funds based on past returns. However, funds that have outperformed in the past do not always persist as winners. Past performance alone provides little insight into a fund’s ability to outperform in the future.
- Let markets work for you The financial markets have rewarded long-term investors. People expect a positive return on the capital they supply and, historically, the equity and bond markets have provided growth of wealth that has more than offset inflation.
- Consider the drivers of returns Academic research has identified these equity and fixed income dimensions, which point to differences in expected returns. These dimensions are pervasive, persistent and robust, and can be pursued in cost-effective portfolios.
- Practice smart diversification Diversification helps reduce risks that have no expected return, but diversifying within your home market is not enough. Global diversification can broaden your investment universe.
- Avoid market timing You never know which market segments will outperform from year to year. By holding a globally diversified portfolio, investors are well positioned to seek returns wherever they occur.
- Manage your emotions Many people struggle to separate their emotions from investing because markets go up and down. Reacting to current market conditions may lead to poor investment decisions at the worst times.
- Look beyond the headlines Daily market news and commentary can challenge your investment discipline. Some messages stir anxiety about the future, while others tempt you to chase the latest investment fad. When tested, consider the source and maintain a long-term perspective.
- Focus on what you can control A financial advisor can create a plan tailored to your personal financial needs while helping you focus on actions that add value. This can lead to a better investment experience.
Our objectives are to preserve wealth, achieve a reasonable rate of return, and counter the erosive effects of inflation and taxes. We provide discretionary asset management services to individuals, families and institutions and remain committed to following a disciplined investment process.
We know a proper asset allocation among cash, equity, fixed-income securities and real estate can be an effective way to pursue investment goals. We believe the formula for investment management should include the key components of skilled investment research, long-term planning and a well-managed professional relationship.
Asset allocation does not guarantee a profit nor protect against loss.
As a business owner, you know all about hard work and commitment. You’ve overcome challenges and achieved milestones along the way. It’s only natural you’d want to associate with those who possess the same level of understanding when it comes to getting the financial advice and solutions necessary to help take your business further.
As business owners ourselves, we understand the challenges business owners often face and have helped many businesses plan for and meet these challenges. Most important, we recognize your business is unique. Working with you as a partner in your success, we’ll take the time to understand your goals and help you address a wide variety of needs, including:
- Asset protection
- Cash management
- Employee retention
- Retirement and succession planning
In addition to our own experience and financial knowledge, we have access to a full array of investment management and financial planning resources necessary to serve the needs of thriving businesses. Best of all, you’ll enjoy the confidence of knowing you have a single, trusted source for financial advice – and more time to devote to growing your business.
We believe a comprehensive financial plan must consider and prepare for the unexpected – such as accidents, illnesses and disability. Our team helps you think ahead and consider different scenarios, then prepare contingency plans to address them. We understand that while risk cannot be eliminated, it can and should be mitigated.
Our risk management services include:
- Life insurance for income replacement
- Long-term care
- Disability insurance
This proprietary planning software can help align financial decisions with your vision of retirement and other highly personalized goals. It is a powerful resource that, when used in conjunction with our deep planning experience, helps us ensure that your goals and our strategy for pursuing them are well-defined.
This image is reproduced from the Goal Planning & Monitoring financial planning software, ©PIEtech, Inc. Used with permission. All rights reserved. The projections or other information generated by Goal Planning & Monitoring regarding the likelihood of various investment outcomes are hypothetical in nature, do not reflect actual investment results and are not guarantees of future results. Goal Planning & Monitoring results may vary with each use and over time.